Hi.
I'm using a 40'' LCD (1920x1080) hooked up with freevo. For a project
I'll have to put the LCD in a vertical position.
I successfully rotated the X output with xrandr (either -o right or
--output VGA --rotate right) and modified the freevo.conf (with
geometry = 1080x1920). When running freevo in window, the window
places itself correctly.

The problem is with freevo when running in fullscreen; freevo places
its fullscreen output in the center of the screen leaving a black bar
on its left side. So the picture doesn't start at the top left corner
of the screen (remember I rotated the output with randr clockwise and
the LCD phisically counterclockwise!)

According to patch 1869969 freevo placement support
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=46652&atid=446898&aid=1869969.
freevo 1.8.1 (the version I'm using under xubuntu) should include a
new placement support.

I just can't understand how to exploit this feature when using a
vertical screen.
I uploaded some pictures to explain the issue better than my english,

freevo with the rotated output through xrandr and in windowed mode
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546877/
freevo with the rotated output through xrandr and in fullscreen mode
[here you can see the issue I'm having]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546885/

freevo with a non rotated output and in windowed mode
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546895/
freevo with a non rotated output and in fullscreen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546895/

do you have any hint?

thank you
francesco