On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 09:01, Duncan Webb <dun...@freevo.org> wrote:
> francesco wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I'm using a 40'' LCD (1920x1080) hooked up with freevo. For a project
>> I'll have to put the LCD in a vertical position.
>> I successfully rotated the X output with xrandr (either -o right or
>> --output VGA --rotate right) and modified the freevo.conf (with
>> geometry = 1080x1920). When running freevo in window, the window
>> places itself correctly.
>>
>> The problem is with freevo when running in fullscreen; freevo places
>> its fullscreen output in the center of the screen leaving a black bar
>> on its left side. So the picture doesn't start at the top left corner
>> of the screen (remember I rotated the output with randr clockwise and
>> the LCD phisically counterclockwise!)
>>
>> According to patch 1869969 freevo placement support
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=46652&atid=446898&aid=1869969.
>> freevo 1.8.1 (the version I'm using under xubuntu) should include a
>> new placement support.
>>
>> I just can't understand how to exploit this feature when using a
>> vertical screen.
>> I uploaded some pictures to explain the issue better than my english,
>>
>> freevo with the rotated output through xrandr and in windowed mode
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546877/
>> freevo with the rotated output through xrandr and in fullscreen mode
>> [here you can see the issue I'm having]
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546885/
>>
>> freevo with a non rocdparanoia = /usr/bin/cdparanoia
tated output and in windowed mode
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546895/
>> freevo with a non rotated output and in fullscreen
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeek/3278546895/
>>
>> do you have any hint?
>
> Try adding a "position = 10,20" to freevo.conf; the actual position
> depends on your set-up.

I have tried but nothing changes. it seems like freevo doesn't
consider the 'positiion' switch.
here is my freevo.conf
chanlist = italy
display = x11
position = 200,200
geometry = 1080x1920
lsdvd = /usr/bin/lsdvd
mplayer = /usr/bin/mplayer
renice = /usr/bin/renice
setterm = /usr/bin/setterm
tv = pal
unzip = /usr/bin/unzip
version = 2.2
xine = /usr/bin/xine

I also tried with rather inusual values in position = , but nothing happens.

thank you