Because I bought an Eeebox and decided to see how it would perform for the
Freevo box, I have made yet another new install of Freevo.

Somethings just don't work the same in the two running installs of Freevo
1.8.3 from Debian experimental.
Number one - I have installed Xfce4 instead of Kde.

Number two - I didn't have the default user called freevo and found myself
with a big permissions muddle. This is purely a Debian thing.
If I make myself part of the freevo group, log out, log in again, and try to
start freevo, I get asked for a password. None of the passwords I have work.
If I log in as root, i don't get asked for a password. Works better without
being in the freevo group and not using the /home/freevo default directories.
"You are not part of the group 'freevo', you cannot exploit shared resources
(such as the cache). Your data will be saved in /home/liz/.freevo"

Number three - I can't get the plugin audio.mpd_playlist to add the "enqueue
in MPD" function to the audio files.

Has anyone got any ideas?

--
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate's form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how