b...@thebiermans.org said:
> As an aside, with both freevo and mythtv, I find getting sound to work well
> (both in live viewing and in recording) to be inordinately difficult.  I
> consider myself to be extremely competent when it comes to computers, and I
> wasn't able to get sound working in my freevo recordings, or at all in
> mythtv.  Someone really should make some sort of idiot-proof script that
> allows for some automatic testing or sanity checking or something!

Freevo is way more transparent than mythtv in that it lets you see how it uses
helpers, if any.

Get livetv runing using mplayer and the commandline first. _Then_ look at
integrating the result in freevo.

What tripped me in the auto area is that I need to set the immediatemode flag
to get audio routed right. Rather staightforward to integrate into your local
config file. (Says a freevo newbie who left myth due to lack of tranparency).

/Anders