> Thanks for reply.
> I am confused a little now about current version of xine-ui under Ubuntu
> 9.04.
> I made some basic investigation to find out that xine-ui represents just
> /usr/bin/xine, which introduces itself as v0.99.6cvs. But as I mentioned
> packages manager reports xine-ui as 0.99.5+cvs20070914-2.1 - that is why
> I am confused.
> I've downloaded cvs version of xine-ui and successfully compiled, but
> packages manager seems to miss it which indicates that something went
> wrong (I hope to find some howto about installing xine-0.99.6cvs).
> Any pointing to related howtos are welcome.
>
> Maciej

Not sure how you complied it, but a normal source compile would not be
found by the package manager as it was not installed from a proper
.deb. 0.99.5+cvs20070914-2.1 is most like a backport of security
updates to the 99.5 release down by the ubuntu team. Ubuntu specific
issue I am not going to be much help on. I prefer Slackware for my
dedicated boxes, less overhead, seriously long support life.

evan