Jake Briggs wrote:

> Manfred Schmitt wrote:
> > Joe Hildreth wrote:
> >
> >>      'Serials', '/media/disk1/serials/'
> >>      'Serials', '/media/disk2/serials/'
> >
> > Afair aufs is the way go to at the moment, should be avaliable in most
> > distros.
>
> UnionFS is probably a better way to go, I did not know you could do this!

OK, I haven't worked with unionsfs lately but a few years ago I had
troubles with it.
Unionfs/aufs is mostly used in other cases but I think it could also
work in Joe's situation, shouldn't it?
I would test it first with both partitions in read only mode :)

> LVM does have some advantages though.

Yes, I forget to mention that LVM ist also an option, that's of course
the usual way to "merge" partitions in *nix.
But it sounded to me that the OP doesn't have the place to backup the
data (what's afaik needed to initialize the LVM).

Bye,
Manne