dan...@pocock.com.au said:
> I'm only talking about my own script, /etc/gdm/Init/:2 - you can find it
> here:
>
> http://doc.freevo.org/BootFreevo#head-68c70d623012dd745e4a2342743c59bc6751d3a6

Ah, I see. Thanks. I ended up with this:

#!/sbin/runscript
# Copyright 1999-2004 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

start() {
        ebegin "Starting freevo webserver"
        su - freevo -c '/usr/bin/freevo webserver start'
        eend $?

}

stop() {
        ebegin "Stopping freevo webserver"
        su - freevo -c '/usr/bin/freevo webserver stop'
        eend $?

}

It does seem to do the job. start() starts it, but stop() makes the webserver
throw an error:
  * Stopping freevo webserver ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/helpers/webserver.py", line
115, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/helpers/webserver.py", line
108, in main
    reactor.run()
  File "//usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1048,
in run
    self.mainLoop()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "//usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1060,
in mainLoop
    self.doIteration(t)
  File "//usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py",
line 104, in doSelect
    [], timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/main.py", line 258, in
signal_handler
    notifier.shutdown()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/nf_wrapper.py", line 131,
in shutdown
    sys.exit(0)
exceptions.SystemExit: 0

                    [ ok ]

I have no idea what that means, and the logs are all silent. Any ideas how
this can be tracked down?

Thanks,

-Anders