Ok, have done. But do I have to run the record server i.e:

"freevo recordserver start" ?? I notice when I do that from a shell, the
command does not return .. i.e it doesn't seem to start a separate process,
but when I start freevo proper, it does recognize the server, as it doesn't
complain any more about it not being started.

I am confused, why the above command doesn't return though, why would you
have to give it start/stop commands if it doesn't run as a daemon process?

Thanks,
Bernie