Alan Walls wrote:
> I'm a MythTV user who is considering moving my system to Freevo.  I came
> across an issue that might be a deal breaker and want to make sure its not my
> misunderstandings and/or prejudice.
>
> Consider this system (which is a simplification of what I have)
>
> * A server with two DVB-S card and one analogue card
> * My family has three channels (TV1,TV2 & TV3 {newzealand has creative
> channel names ;-) }  ) they watch all the time.
> * They are available on all three cards but the analogue signal has very bad
> reception with lots of ghosting.
>
> What is the best way to setup Freevo?

With mythtv as the backend doing the recordings and freevo as your frontend.

> At least I would like to record any two programs on any of the three channels
> using the DVB-S cards.
> Ideally I would like to record a third program using the lower quality card.
> I can live without watching live TV.

I'm afraid that it's only possible to record from one device at a time
regardless of whether you're watching tv on another device or not. I
haven't looked at the recordingserver code but it should be possible to
add multiple simultaneous recordings if you know python.

> If this isn't possible will version 2.0 be able to do this?

Yes. Jason and Dischi would be the people to comment on when the 2.0
branch might be ready with a pre release that will allow you play around
with this.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Alan

John