On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, bluepuma.excite wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Freevo looks very interesting and I hope it can run on a Celeron 733 MHz
> with only 128 MB of RAM.

some things will be slow

> As a Linux newbie I would love to just install a full distro, but they all
> seem to be very outdated.

you can't have a new full distro on that hardware unless it is very very slow

> I can install a regular Linux distro, but the available Freevo packages
> seem to be outdated and throw errors.
The old ones work fine

> So will there be updated packages for Debian, Gentoo or any other major
> distribution?
Debian is up to date at 1.9

> By the way, I would prefer to have a regular Freevo forum over this mailing
> list, the handling is not very user friendly.
But we won't be reading the forum - the people who answer questions for Freevo
are here on this list.

--
BOFH excuse #128:

Power Company having EMP problems with their reactor