2009/8/9 bluepuma.excite <bluep...@excite.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Freevo looks very interesting and I hope it can run on a Celeron 733 MHz
> with only 128 MB of RAM.
The only things I would recommend on that spec would be slackware or
debian stable. But even then it is going to be a bit slow and forget
anything remotely in HD for video. Standard mp3, TV and avi should
work just fine though.

> As a Linux newbie I would love to just install a full distro, but they all
> seem to be very outdated.

> I can install a regular Linux distro, but the available Freevo packages seem
> to be outdated and throw errors.
Which distros? The latest Slackware (12.2) has the latest Freevo (1.9).

> By the way, I would prefer to have a regular Freevo forum over this mailing
> list, the handling is not very user friendly.
In truth Mailing lists get much faster responses and more viewing than
forums do. Forums just tend to be easier to google. If a mailing list
is not user-friendly for you,  you might want to consider changing you
mail client. No insult intended, just that a mailing list is only as
friendly as your mail client.

Evan