On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Bernard Mentink <bment...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
> Just done an install of Freevo 1.9.0 on an Archlinux box. Arch does not
> mount DVD drives automatically unless I install Autofs etc.
>
> My question is: By adding the line "ROM_DRIVES = [ ('/media/dvd',
> '/dev/sr0', 'DVD') ]" to my local.config file, should it not allow Freevo to
> mount the CD/DVD?
>
> I find it is not seeing the DVD Title after inserting the DVD, and I cannot
> therefor play it. I can play it fine in VLC after mounting it in the file
> system.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?
>
> Also does anyone know how to set Freevo to use VLC as the prefered player
> for DVD's ?
>
> Cheers,
> Bernie

Ok, looks like I didn't wait long enough for the drive name to appear, it
works fine.

However, I would still like to know if better VLC support is coming, If I
set VLC to be the preferred player, It works, but I don't get any pause or
OSD, do  I need kaa.display for this?
mplayer works fine without kaa.display.

(By the way how do I install kaa.display? It is not in the repositories for
ArchLinux, do I have to get it from SVN? If so how do I set it up.)

I am using VLC for TV viewing as it gives me much better results, and pause
via the remote does not work on mplayer with livepause. I would like to use
VLC for DVD playback, but it seems I can't "just" have it for DVD's but have
to have it as the default video player ..

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue ..

Thanks,
Bernie