Hi all,

I'm hoping this is an easy one - some FLV files downloaded from youpube make
mplayer freeze on me.  The only way to fix it is a reboot (i.e. pressing the
power button on the front of the machine to get xubuntu to shut down, then
after
20-30 secs, press it again to start up).  I'm hoping I can do the same thing
from my remote, which is a standard MCE remote - i.e. it just sends keyboards
signals.  I've tried getting it to send Ctrl-Alt-Del (and tried the same from a
proper keyboard) and that didn't work.  I'm guessing its an OS thing I need to
work on, but any guidance greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers
Ronan

Nothing is true; Everything is permissible...