Hi John,

Cheers for your speedy response.  Funnily enough I was on that wiki page just
last night, as I was looking at adding it as a mapping in my xmodmap, but I'm
not sure what to map it to - I had hoped Ctrl-Alt-Del would have done it, so
added the following:

keycode 70 = Control_L Alt_L Delete

The power button on the remote does a Ctrl-F4, keycode 70 is the F4 part of
that, and it works fine if I remap it to kp_subract (i.e. volume down), for
instance, but does nothing with the mapping above.  I don't think the
Ctrl-Alt-Del is sysrq thingy is setup on my machine, as I vnc'd in and tried
that, along with a bunch of other random key combinations to see if I could get
it to reboot, and no joy.

Also via VNC, I've tried all manner of Alt-SysRq-Shift-b, Alt-SysRq-b, adding
in
Ctrl, etc., but no joy there either...

Oh, but on a positive note, after a bit of permission fiddling, the following
does do a reboot:

echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

This would suggest the sysrq stuff works alright, I just need to work out how
send the signal from the keyboard/remote.

Once again, thanks so much for any help regarding this - we're watching more
and
more FLVs on Freevo these days, and my gf is getting fed up when it is her turn
to walk over to the tv and reboot the box. :)

Cheers
Ronan

Nothing is true; Everything is permissible...