Thanks for the log Leonardo,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 18:11 +0100, Leonardo Calamai wrote:
> Here is the log file obtained with -vvvvv option.
>
> I started dvbstreamer with:
> $dvbstreamer -a 0 -d -vvvvv
> then I started Freevo and I tried to watch a channel without success.

Right I can see the reason for it not to work but I don't know why.
The select line being sent to dvbstreamer includes "" around the channel
name. DVBStreamer 1.x won't handle this correctly and will think it is
actually part of the channel name. Now I've checked the repository and
none of the code for Freevo 1.9.0 would add this to the channel name and
since the channel names in your example local_conf.py didn't include
this, it makes me think this is a debian fix.

I've just found the problem in the debian package, can you edit the file
in /usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py, change
line 88 from:

        (errcode, errmsg, msg) = self.execute_command('select "' +
service + '"', True)

to:
        (errcode, errmsg, msg) = self.execute_command('select ' +
service, True)

and it should work correctly.

Cheers

Adam