Thanks Adam.  Unfortunately, it still seems to have problems, but only
on certain videos - others play fine.  Quits after 30 seconds or so -
very strange.  Perhaps an mplayer problem, or cache set not high
enough.  Granted, there aren't many args you can set - I assume 'video'
is what is used for youtube.

MPLAYER_ARGS['video'] = "-correct-pts -framedrop -cache 5000 -user-agent
QuickTime/7.5"
YOUTUBE_DL = '/usr/bin/youtube-dl'
YOUTUBE_FORMAT = '34'