As a longtime subscriber to both the Times and the Economist, I can
tell you that the Economist certainly has a point of view; you detect
it, you smile and move on.  Their writing is sprightlier than that of
the Times (though the Times is trying harder these days), but hardly
"all the facts."

"All human beings have this burden in life to constantly figure out
what's true, what's authentic, what's meaningful, what's dross, what's
a hallucination, what's a figment, what's madness.  We all need to
figure out what is valuable, constantly.  As a writer, all I am doing
is posing the question in a way that people can see very clearly."

                                        Maxine Hong Kingston