Hating R: is like hating the air you breathe.

On Jun 22, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Russell Standish wrote:

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 02:09:31AM -0400, Phil Henshaw wrote:
 One of the hurdles is the software...  As powerful as they
are I hate R, and Excel, and AutoCad, though I have nothing else to
use...

Why are you restricted to these packages? Are they just what you know,
and you're not prepared to learn anything else, or does your company
madate you use just these and nothing else, or is your computing
platform just so weird nothing else will run on it.

Can't be cost - there are just so many great open source packages for
doing just about anything.

Cheers

Mathematics

Marko A. Rodriguez
Los Alamos National Laboratory (P362-proto)
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone +1 505 606 1691
http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~okram