Prof. Thompson is correct and I replied such, but think it went only to
him not the list.  Anyway, that is why anthropologists insist on
participant observation and rely a lot more on "natural" communication,
stories, conversations, etc. than on formal interviews, quantitative
data, and so called "qualitative" data collection used by sociologists.

A sociologist completed a $500,000 statistical study in order to find a
brothel in his city.  He rushed to that establishment only to find the
anthropologist in the lounge playing the piano.

davew