The point I was trying to make, aside from being a heretic and stirring up  a
good discussion, was that climate change and global warming are
scientifically  realities.  There is a question about how much CC/GW are
anthropogenic.
After reading all the UN docs (I am ex-UN), I personally  believe that human
impacts on climate change are significant and need to be  studied particularly
if attempts to mitigate CC/GW are to be made and funded.  The actual IPCC
studies themselves are more pessimistic than the published  reports which were
changed to appear less alarming and more palatable to  politicians and decision
makers. I believe that it is absolutely necessary  to adopt pro-active
adaptation strategies and programs which unfortunately is  not really
happening.

Perhaps Freeman Dyson meant to encourage discussion by his remarks or  simply
want to gain notoriety .

As I grow older I find that I only have opinions and not ideas.

Paul