On Dec 27, 2007 12:33 PM, Steve Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does it not seem possible (even likely if we look closely) that the ills of
> this planet today are very likely positively correlated with energy
> consumption?

Maybe, but correlation does not always mean causation. I think the big
problems have more to do with energy "collection" or "conversion"
rather than consumption.  That is, the environmental and human costs
of mining coal and drilling oil; the by products of burning coal and
oil, really, the entire life-cycle of fossil fuels. Not to mention
mining, processing, consuming and disposing of fuels for nuclear
fission.  ZPE promises to take away all that nastiness, all while
failing to increase the entropy of the universe. Wouldn't that be
neat?

~~James