-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marcus G. Daniels
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:47 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] enough of Robert Rosen

Glen E. P. Ropella wrote:

> It's just a body of theoretical work that we

> may or may not need as yet.  I fully support the development of theory

> prior to needing that theory.

Fine, and I fully support the deconstruction of theory prior to using it!

In what way does Genetic Programming not provide an efficient cause?

Because you need to look beyond the physical plane of existence into the
spiritual to see that the soul is the real
administrator of the life's path.

Genetics is simply the hardware. Genetics is not actually causal and nothing
physical can ever be causal. See The
Kybalion, Principles of Hermes.

Having a stochastic aspect, and the possibility to define new

instructions, it seems to me to provide an escape from anything a human

might have intended.   This learning algorithm could escape the

constraints of being a `tool' by being used in a robot with similar

senses as ours and interacting with the conditions of the `real' world.

Marcus

PM

  _____

It has removed 5220 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!