This is based on nothing more than reading the entry on categories at
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/categories/ so please take with a pinch of
salt...

It seems that the tools necessary to construct category systems are severely
broken. Specifically, there is no generally accepted method for
distinguishing between categories. For example, the Ryle/Husserl method
boils down to a highly subjective notion of whether a statement is absurd or
not. That means it's perfectly possible for Nick to see a category error
("it's crazy to say that a point can have position and velocity") and me not
to see one ("nothing wrong with a point having position and velocity") and *we
can both be right*.

IMHO, this means that category theory really can't tell us very much about
calculus.

Robert