From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Günther Greindl
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:07 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] The Brain and Creativity 2

Hi,

>   Orlando here,
> What
> is it that allows Newton or Einstein or Picasso to see something
> essential that no one has seen or understood before?

I guess the time is just ripe (viz.: enough knowledge has accumulated
and is lying around for a new synthesis) at certain moments for
intelligent guys to have insights. If it hadn't been Einstein or Newton,
then it would have been another bright person 5 years later.

The intelligence of these people in relation to other people is usually
overrated.

See this lovely post by Eli Yudkowsky on OB about Einstein, the village
idiot, and _real_ superintelligences:

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/05/my-childhood-ro.html

Cheers,
Günther