Couldn't disagree more.  Examples of why, in my opinion, the aggregate
assessment of human intelligence is highly inflated:

   1. Bush.  Elected.  Twice. (Florida vote count issue notwithstanding).
   2. Americans continuing to buy fuel hogging cars even after the warning
   supplied by the mid-70's oil crises, which gave clear indication of the
   impending global oil supply/demand tip-over point which we are now seeing.
   The ensuing 30 years between then and now could have intelligently been
   spent planning to prevent today's current oil market "crises".
   3. General Motors, Ford: Instead of planning for the inevitable evolution
   of the petroleum-based market pricing realities, they continued along their
   stupid short-sighted plan of producing the fuel hogs that their stupid
   customers craved, instead of planning ahead for today's market, in which GM
   lost more than $15 billion this year.  Ford was right behind, losing $9
   billion. There is now serious talk of GM facing bankruptcy as a direct
   result of their less-than-intelligent management leadership.
   4. The Democratic party.
   5. The Republican party.
   6. Congress.
   7. White supremacists.
   8. Jerry Fallwell.
   9. Jerry Fallwell's followers.
   10. Fundamentalists (Christian, Muslim, Mormon: doesn't matter)

I could go on, but it would be stupid to do so...

--
Doug Roberts, RTI International
[EMAIL PROTECTED]