Merle,
I don't know about you, but I find loads of "effortless elegance" in how
humans "can't STAND not resolving... ambiguity" and the fact that
self-consistency is a hallmark of closed systems.  We each build our own one
in a world that houses prolific varieties of conflicting ones, that survive
and thrive on the by-products of their differences through an open system...
Don't you think that formal appearance, that environments thrive as open
systems by housing closed systems with conflicting self-consistent designs,
to be suspicious and possibly useful?

Phil