Thanks Phil. I also consider myself slightly mad (hopefully interesting at
times); who wouldn't be living in the present state of the world.   When I was
in the UN, we used to say, when speaking of the complexities of developing
nations, "if you are not confused, you are not thinking clearly."

And as an environmentalist, I also tend to analyze without resort to
mathematics and look for trends and observed emergence.

cheers Paul