If you can tear yourself away from the movie people: On Saturday, September 27, I will appear at the New Mexico Women Authors' Festival on Milner Plaza. My informal reading and discussion of my novel, "The Edge of Chaos," will be in the Fiction Pavilion at 11:20 a.m., followed by a book signing.

I'm pleased to tell you that "The Edge of Chaos" was one of four books (and the sole novel) "highly recommended" this summer by The Highlands Forum, a high-tech consulting group connected with The Pentagon; and one of three books (again, the only novel) "highly recommended" to members of the international consulting group, The Global Business Network. Since it is fiction, basically a love story, and beneath that, a search for spiritual completion, I was surprised to learn about these recommendations--but happy.

Since publication, "The Edge of Chaos" has also received exceptionally warm endorsements from Stewart Brand, the editor of the Whole Earth Catalog; from Brian Eno, the well-known musician; from poet Jane Hirshfield; and from George Newlin, author of "Everybody and Everything in Dickens." You'll see those endorsements on the back of the new printing.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Pamela

"To stand in awe of nothing, Numicius,
is practically the only way to feel really good about yourself."

                        Horace, Epistles