Hi Pamela:  I thought I would be able to make it but have succumbed and
agreed to canvas for Obama on Saturday.  I hope you will consider this a
worthwhile alternative.  When do you and Joe come back, and is it just for
the Xmas holidays or for a semester?  In any case, see you then.

Fondly, N

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Pamela McCorduck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you can tear yourself away from the movie people: On Saturday, September
> 27, I will appear at the New Mexico Women Authors' Festival on Milner Plaza.
> My informal reading and discussion of my novel, "The Edge of Chaos," will be
> in the Fiction Pavilion at 11:20 a.m., followed by a book signing.
>
> I'm pleased to tell you that "The Edge of Chaos" was one of four books (and
> the sole novel) "highly recommended" this summer by The Highlands Forum, a
> high-tech consulting group connected with The Pentagon; and one of three
> books (again, the only novel) "highly recommended" to members of the
> international consulting group, The Global Business Network. Since it is
> fiction, basically a love story, and beneath that, a search for spiritual
> completion, I was surprised to learn about these recommendations--but happy.
>
> Since publication, "The Edge of Chaos" has also received exceptionally warm
> endorsements from Stewart Brand, the editor of the Whole Earth Catalog; from
> Brian Eno, the well-known musician; from poet Jane Hirshfield; and from
> George Newlin, author of "Everybody and Everything in Dickens." You'll see
> those endorsements on the back of the new printing.
>
> Hope to see you on Saturday.
>
> Pamela
>

> "To stand in awe of nothing, Numicius,
> is practically the only way to feel really good about yourself."
>
> Horace, Epistles

Bruce Abell
7 Morning Glory
Santa Fe, NM 87506