Good detective work, Russ.

I rather think that we scientists have fallen down on the job of embracing
and promoting doubt, at least with regards to religion's place in politics
and science.  May I remind you:  our Republican Vice Presidential candidate
is a *Creationist* who believes  that the earth was created (by God, of
course) 6,000 years ago.

Where has the outcry of outrage from the scientific community been?  Nary a
whimper that I've heard.  Are all of our flaunted scientists afraid to take
a stand against the "Christian Right"?

--Doug