And the usual flaw being sure about how things would seem to have worked in
the past, and possibly not notice them diverge over time.?

Phil Henshaw

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Eric Smith
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:21 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] In Praise of Doubt, and ...

Well, I shouldn't even poke my head above the weeds in this one, because
this thread has way too much energy for me, but I just couldn't resist.
Think of this as a prosodic rather than a semantic reply...

I think we are reaching the heart of the problem with human nature.  We want
to be correct and we want to be precise and we want to be sure.

We are all aware of the branch of statistical learning theory known as
PAC-learning, or Probably Approximately Correct -learning (?).

One of the few ideas with which I can be completely comfortable.

Eric