Hey, Roger.

I lived up there near SLC for three years, right in the heart of Mormon
country.  I actually know quite a bit about their beliefs and practices --
both the good and the bad.

For those interested in an excellent in-depth book on the history of the
Mormon religion, I recommend  "Under The Banner of Heaven, A Story of
Violent Faith" by Jon Krakauer.

During the three years that I lived in Pocatello, ID, I met a few former
Mormons who had been successfully "deprogrammed" .  Many of them had
interesting, and sometimes dark stories to tell about the true inner social
workings of their former "faith".

--Doug