I always used tongs for the grosser larva, and a badminton racquet for
the moths.  Also for cabbage moths, and any other white-ish flying
thing I saw.

The dog thought it was fricken hilarious--helping the crazy screaming
monkey swing the racquet around. Whee! Badminton was one of his
favorite lawn games--with or without shuttlecocks.

~~James