On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:31:29PM -0700, Robert Howard wrote:
> I think her argument was that she has consciousness in two groups of
> universes: the ones where her father is dead and the ones where he is still
> alive, and that if she eliminates her consciousness in first group, then
> she'll only be conscious in the second. We don’t reflect on ourselves when
> we're dead. All I experience is that she and her dad are dead in this U.
> Rob

Interesting, so she actually made that argument. Unfortunately, it
won't work by straight quantum suicide - she would also need to
arrange for her to forget completely that her father ever died,
something known as quantum erasure. There is no obvious way of doing
that at present.

Of course the whole quantum suicide thing is rather dubious in
practice - kids don't try this at home. You'll end up in a worse place
than you are now if you try.

Mathematics
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         hpco...@hpcoders.com.au