Laureate, to me, seems a bit spooky. They want to build an Art School, which fills a gap in their currently available offerings world wide. They can have folks visit Santa Fe for their Arts studies, using other Laureate facilities for the rest of their degree.

So that leaves in the cold anyone wanting to study other fields, certainly in the sciences. So it leaves Santa Fe still being "quaint" and "arty". Oh my.

My prediction is that this will ultimately enhance the Community College, mainly by beefing up the Highlands Santa Fe Center:
  http://www.nmhu.edu/statewidecenters/santafe/
(Note UNM dropped its local center.)

My preference would be Highlands taking over CSF but that would require state funding .. an unlikely event.

I really hope Dave West's idea of the Academy at the Complex works out.

    -- Owen