On Apr 24, 2009, at 8:17 PM, Merle Lefkoff wrote:
Nick,

Why can't you think how? I thought you were an applied complexity scientist. I can think of a lot of "hows." Maybe I'll go to the meeting Wednesday before I leave town again.

Merle

Well, knowing how quirky Santa Fe is, I'm not sure how you could pull off a real university here. SF is a 3rd world city, and hopes to remain that way.

So I really *do* hope you look in at the meeting and think of something. It'd be great.

The simple fact of the matter is that The Government looks only at politics, not need. 400 years of Acrimonious Bickering had defined Santa Fe and is going to be hard to change.

CCSF is certainly the main focus for education here, especially with affordable, local first 2 years and a great deal on the last 2 years of a Bachelors at UNM.

    -- Owen