Owen Densmore wrote:
I'd fire anyone having a company spreadsheet or document on their laptop and not in the cloud. Or company email on their computer (POP rather than IMAP). It is just too expensive and dangerous.
LANL, for example, mandates full disk encryption on hard drives. Hard drives are cheap. I'd much rather put up with this than not to be able study a paper that was stranded on an IMAP server. But IMAP or POP is not the issue, the issue is connected vs. disconnected. Wireless is not everywhere and where it is available, it is not reliably high bandwidth and low latency.
Marcus