Thus spake Owen Densmore circa 10-02-01 11:07 AM:
> Second question: how do you manage your computer mobility?

For light work, I use the G1, which has e-mail, chat, ssh, camera, pdf
reader, etc.  For medium work, I use a dell inspiron running ubuntu,
which has a "smaller"/"slave" version of everything on my desktop, which
runs debian squeeze.  Sync between computers is easy with rsync (though
there exist some version mismatch for some applications).  Sync between
the G1 and the computers is done by relying mostly on hosted services
like imap.  Other user data is simply copied over the USB cable.
Desktop is always online (via a dynamic ip address tracked by
dyndns.org).  Laptop is online whenever there's a wifi near (also
accessible via dyndns.org).

Windows sync between the desktop and the laptop is via virtualbox images.

--
glen e. p. ropella, 971-222-9095, http://agent-based-modeling.com