My answer to Nick didn't make it to the whole group.  I agreed with everything
he said.  Now Steve's post really has started me thinking:  the "power is
corruption" is starting to resonate with me.  Also the "power of not being
there".

I think there is something really, really important in what Steve is saying.
There is a tension in the power equation.  The Aikido metaphor is an apt one.

Russ #3