Steve,
Thanks for the response,
I note two things have shifted in the discussion,

First that now you have placed greater weight on the fact that Power over
others is corruption and
Second that one of my previous arguments has returned to bite me in the ass.
Namely I advocated that corruption is any process that subverts the original
intention of a system. So having previously made that argument I have to
admit that power over others is fundamentally Corruption (but I previously
argued that corruption is neither bad or good).

Looking closer at our arguments there may exist a dividing line.
Power over others is power over another complex system which is by both our
arguments a corruption.

"Power over nature" is arguably not a coherent interactive system at least
the rock and lever are not complex systems. So does that imply that power
over nature is Not Corrupt (but something else entirely)?. The key element
being whether or not the Entity is a complex system.

This now introduces a new dimension, Ethics, I believe. The displacement of
a rock seems clearly outside of any ethical discussion but the displacement
of Peasants is a different matter. Perhaps I just turned your argument
inside out and presented as my own?

I'll give the Irish whiskey a fair test next time I have the opportunity.

Dr.Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky
Ph.D.(Civil Eng.), M.Sc.(Mech.Eng.), M.Sc.(Biology)

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
CANADA R2J 3R2
(204) 2548321  Phone/Fax