Excellent point.  For whatever reason, I hadn't explicitly formed that
minor premise: "somebody has to credit the debt".  That seems like a
pretty big minor premise to the syllogism to me.  Of course, there are
lots of reasons you might loan to someone who has little chance of
paying you back _if_ you've got the extra cash to do so.  Control/power
is the obvious reason.

Thanks.

--
glen e. p. ropella, 971-222-9095, http://agent-based-modeling.com