I have never heard of him, Tory, lord help me. The second most widely read
author in the UK and the seventh most widely read non-US author here. I
wonder who compiled that statistic. But there's glory for you nonetheless.

Thanks to all for mentioning him -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett

Scott