Nick,
PoMo discussions go lots of places, and maybe even do lots of
things... but I think by definition, one thing they do not do is find truth,
nevertheless Truth or TRUTH!.
They pretty quickly fall into the, if not quite circular, then spiral, junk
where you need to be hypocritical or accept that cultural relativity is itself
just one of many
equally valid culturally-contextualized view.

So, for example, early generations of in pomo people liked to discuss power
relations. But of course they Should (note value judgment) always be quite self
aware that the success or failure of their works will only be a product of
power dynamics, but no testament to a deep inner truth in their claims. One of
my linguist friends at Altoona tells tales of early Chomsky followers who
seemed to understand this quite well, and would literally stand up and heckle
others off the stage at academic conferences. Overtime, they would thereby come
to monopolized the societies.

Blah,

Eric

On Fri, Oct
22, 2010 04:11 PM, "Nicholas  Thompson"
<nickthomp...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Glen,

>Is there an example of a pomo discussion that actually got anywhere?  Or by
>using the terms "getting anywhere" have I already imposed values
>hostile to
>the enterprise.
>
>Nick

Eric Charles