Owen - I work interchangeably on my office and home computers and I use
Dropbox to keep particular parts of my setup synced between the two
machines. In particular:

   1. my to-do lists, engineer's notebook, big file o' passwords (gpg-ed, of
   course)  and simple Python utilities all go into Dropbox & hence are always
   up to date and accessible;
   2. my ever-growing collection of .PDFs of academic journals and papers
   goes into Dropbox so I can easily get it from any machine (and add to it
   from any of my machines).

I do have Dropbox enabled on my Droid, but I don't think the Droid is
terribly effective as an input device and its screen is just too small
for comfortable viewing of PDFs, so I don't use it much for that. Handy in
an emergency though.

-- R