I must have skipped this post when it first came by, but upon reading it I wanted to alert folks here to an interesting project at NYU called the Green Dot project.
     http://movement.nyu.edu/GreenDot/

My posting here is in response to Vlad's references to Anne Coulter's (apparently) highly effective body language.

I met Green Dot project member Peggy Hackney of the Integrated Movement Studies ( http://www.imsmovement.com/index.php/faculty/ ) program when I was seeking to understand how to analyze human posture for collaborative decision making systems. She is an expert in Bartlieneff and Laban Motion Analysis.

What is interesting (or at least relevant) to Vlad's analysis of Anne Coulter here is that the Green Dot system might very well be trainable on the mannerisms Anne Coulter (apparently, as I don't know I've ever seen her in action) uses to say that someone's work or words is "a piece of shit" and perhaps find more of the same.

In my general interest in what kinds of tools might let the unwashed masses (like myself) see through the charades of politicians and pundits alike, I'm intrigued.

 - Steve