Be very, very wary of these things, as they are almost assuredly
scams. I'm not sure if my understanding of it is correct, but it is a
way of laundering money, for instance created by selling someone
somthing that doesn't exist. When the original purchaser calls foul,
and asks for the money back from er credit card provider, you will be
left stumping up the refund, whilst the perpertrator is laughing all
the way to the bank (or has a nice wad of cash stuffed under the
matress) somewhere in Backofbeyondistan.

Some people take intellectual delight in trying to figure out the
scam's angle. But you've still got to be careful - these people are
criminals, and probably very intelligent ones at that.

Cheers

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:30:49PM -0600, Gillian Densmore wrote:
> well heres the story in so far as I understand it:
> I found a help wanted on craigs list posted as customer service.
> The guy got back to me saying I'd be a "conducting agent". To evaluate
> money services and or wal greens and wal mart.and I'd get paid 200
> dollars for doing so.
> A week ago he said he'd be sending me a package wich made me
> suspicous. Then he said he sent a check 200 of wich is mine the rest
> is some other persons.(minus wester union fees) he'd like me to report
> back on the experience. When I asked what type of credentials he has
> so that I know that it's above bord he responded by saying: "are you
> trying to insult me?" also when I said I couldn't do anything between
> 1 and 2 because I have a regular apointment at that time at 140 he
> sent me a few impatiant texts. Apparently he also wants it all handled
> in cash to. Sufficed to say that's what prompted me to ask what kind
> of assurances he has that this is legit.
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Nicholas  Thompson
> <nickthomp...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Gillian,
> >
> > I would start by calling the Bursar at Central Christian College.  That
> > person should be straightforward, down-to-earth, and should have an
> > explanation for this odd procedure.  It doesn't sound right to me, I have to
> > say.
> >
> > What does "test out Western Union" mean?
> >
> > Let us know how it comes out.
> >
> > Nick

Principal, High Performance Coders