This reminds me of a series we were considering at the beginning of SFX:
        The Web In Small Bytes
The idea is to build a small set of short talks on all the confusing parts of
the web and its use and programming.

There really are a large number of topics:

Overview: just what is the web and what are its parts?
- Browsers/Servers
- Where/How are the parts distributed
        - What happens on the server
        - What happens on the client (browser)
Parts:
- HTML/HTML5 & CSS
- Hosting
        - FTP & Shell Login (bash, ssh/scp/wget/curl)
        - Apache web server
        - MySQL
- CMS: Content Management Systems
        - Blogs (WordPress), Wikis (MediaWiki), Forums, SMTP/POP Mail, ...
- Programming
        - Client: JavaScript
        - Server: PHP, also Ruby & Python CMS
- Catalog of useful (often free) services
        - gmail, wordpress.com, blogger, ...

If anyone is interested, we might have a round table on what is needed and how
to best provide it.

        -- Owen