I understand wanting to know how things work.  My problem is that I don't
have the time to work on all the things that I might work on.  If I had an
Android phone (I don't but not for any important reason), I doubt that I
would have the time to work on it. There are too many other things I want to
spend my time doing.

My wife's computer is always doing something flaky. I'm the one she looks to
for help.  Often it's not too much of a hassle. But there are times when it
takes forever to track down what's wrong.  I don't want to spend too much of
my time doing that--even though it's nice to find out what's really going
on.  My life is full enough with technology that I often really like having
a gadget that just works--and I don't have to think about it. In fact, that
should be one of the selling points of the iPhone and iPad. My complaint
about them is that they don't live up to that promise.

*-- Russ *