Gillian:

You could try iWeb - "Web design for the rest of us" - http://www.apple.com/ilife/iweb/ It's part of iLife and may already be on your Mac. There's a real simple blog template.

   "iWeb features ready-made templates for welcome, about me, photo
   album, movie, blog, and podcast pages. Create as many pages as you
   like."

Apple provides some 9 widgets including YouTube, Google Maps, mobileMe gallery... If you need more sophistications with categories, tags, archives and other WordPress flora and fauna, well then you may have to try WordPress again. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Robert
cirrillian.com <http://cirrillian.com>