You are joking. Aren't you?  That's not the sense, I think that you are not
pointing to where article is doing. With fair reasons many people is making
eulogies to something that transcended. Dennis Ritchie let a legacy which is
impossible to deny. Today's software is not  Fortran descendant  is C
descendant. I think that's the sense. No body is telling or asking if C is
perfect. To say that programming languages  had to be better this way or
that way  is a good and interesting question but doesn't change current
programming languages state. If you let me say a metaphor; I am here thanks
to a some rare structure appeared 3500 millions years ago: a Prokariotic
cell that contained DNA freely flowing in the citoplams. Why nucleotides?.
Wasn't better other kind of structure. Why Adenine, why Guanine. Why
diphosphate. Will Structure and Function of ancient ADN emerged 3500
millions years ago be responsible of cancer that with high probabilities
will kill me some day? (attending to familiar history. Just an example).
They are questions  that really don't matter (even if cancer actually will
kill me). Is the legacy from C to Java or C++  or PHP responsable of
problems that programmers  have when are trying to code?. If today's
software were Fortran descendant, software were better?
No more than the kind of questions made for Albert Camus if were alive.

¿Why something emerged  this way and not than that way?

2011/10/15 Russ Abbott <russ.abb...@gmail.com>

> How did Dennis Ritchie's death make C a wonderful language?
>
> *-- Russ Abbott*
> *_____________________________________________*
> ***  Professor, Computer Science*
> *  California State University, Los Angeles*
>
> *  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
>   Google+: https://plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
> *  vita:  *http://sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Alfredo Covaleda <
> alfredocoval...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nice article
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2011/10/thedennisritchieeffect/
>>
>> --